Oh, Pebble

Pebble have done it again...


A few months ago, I had a little rant at the Pebble folk for their lack of consideration when it comes to designing a smartwatch with ladies in mind. Their Pebble Steel wouldn’t look out of place in GQ magazine, clearly outlining their target market as a guy.

Well, they seemed to have listened – I have noticed a few Facebook ads launching the all new colour range of the Mark 1 Pebble model. There’s PINK! BLUE! GREEN! It’s like an iPhone 5C on my wrist!

The thing with these ads though is that they are clearly targeted at females…and really, REALLY badly…



Now, ladies, I don’t know about you, but I often get ‘fed up’ with trying to find my smartphone in my handbag…it is always buried under all the money, make-up and tampons that we ALL keep in our massive purses. Wow! Pebble have a Barbie pink watch gizmo that means we will never miss a phone call or tweet from each other where we talk about going shopping, Ryan Gosling, and shoes! 

I mean, heaven forbid that we would actually get a smartwatch for it’s novelty, practicality, open-source app development…NO, all we laydees care about is losing our phones in pheromonial abyss of our handbags; thank god Pebble have a solution to this.


Fail, Pebble, HUGE fail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smartwatches - Future Technology With Backwards Thinking

An introduction

Stage 1: The context of social networking and its relevance with musicians